Virtual Labs is looking for experienced and talented developers who enjoy working on a mix of both front-end and back-end development to join our engineering team. As we are still a small team in a fast-growing company, this is a great opportunity to join us and play a key role in defining the direction and technical strategy of our product while we continue to grow. We are flexible about working arrangements including working remotely.
What skills are we looking for?
As a full stack developer, you will be working on developing and improving features of our software platform built primarily in AngularJS and NodeJS. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where things can change on a daily basis (in a good way!). You should also be driven by the desire to build great products, take ownership of solutions and code quality.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years of commercial experience in a similar role.
- Experience developing in a modern front-end framework, AngularJS is essential, but experience with Backbone, Ember, or React is also relevant.
- Working knowledge with NoSQL stores. We use MongoDB.
- Experience with software development best practices, such as unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
Desirable, but not essential
- Hands-on experience building and managing infrastructure deployed in AWS, Azure, Google compute or Vmware
- Experience with RESTful APIs and a Microservices architecture is a plus.
- Linux system admin skills are always useful.
About Virtual Labs
Virtual Labs is an enterprise tech start-up based in Sydney. Our clients are predominantly large enterprise software technology vendors and IT training organisations. Virtual Labs allows our clients to create single click deployments of complex software environments used for software demos, evaluations and hands-on training labs.
We’re well funded and profitable, with a growing client base. 2017 is going to be a big year for us.